- On our Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Helpi.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application, platform, or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, our Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personally identifiable information” or “PII“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age, gender, language preferences, expertise, date of birth; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties we contract with to provide services on our behalf.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide to us on or through our Website including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our Website, donating to Helpi, subscribing to services available on our Website, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
- There may be features that are developed in the future that may result in the collection of additional new information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Content“). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
You must be 18 to engage in transactions on the Website. When you do so, you may be asked for a credit card number. All financial transactions related to donations take place only on secure servers. Electronic communication of credit card information is sent only in a secured or encrypted format.
If you are making a payment (donation), we may ask for your credit card number and billing address. If you decline to provide requested information, our ability to serve you may be limited. Your credit card information is considered completely confidential. Your credit card information is just needed to process the payment (donation) through a payment gateway which facilitates the transfer of information between our Website and acquiring bank. Neither Helpi, nor the payment gateway (in other words an e-commerce application service provider service that authorizes credit card payments) does collect, store, or process your credit card information. We strive to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect is anonymous. It is aggregated into statistical data to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size, browser statistics, popularity of content and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer.
- Web beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded invisibly on the web pages.
You can refuse to accept and delete cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that refusing or deleting cookies may impact your browsing experience on the Website, or prevent you from using some of its services, and it may result in the deletion of any preferences you have set. For more information on how to reject or delete cookies, you should consult with your browser’s or device’s help documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org. The Company does not use technology that recognizes do-not-track signals from your browser. You can also opt out of Internet based advertising by installing a browser plugin from the third party where available. For more information about interest-based advertising, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, in the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, the Helpi employs software programs to do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage the Helpi’s computers or the network, and monitor and fine-tune the performance of the Helpi network and this Website. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect additional information from your computer such as your IP address, addresses from network packets, and other technical information. Any such information is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of the Helpi’s networks and computer systems.
We do not collect PII automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any PII, only with your consent and for the purpose for which your information or PII was provided to us to fulfill our mission and to:
- Present our Website, its contents, and to customize your experience on the Website to you.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Contact you for reasons related to your original communication to us (e.g. relating to build up a center, to support a center, to answer your question, to reach you out with further cooperation, etc.).
- Improve our design, development, design, marketing, and quality improvement of the Website.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- Show transparency and secure dealing with donations by showing your (donor’s) name together with amount donated, unless requested by donor to be anonymous.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. Helpi confirms that it will not sell or trade its membership data without the prior approval of the Helpi Board of Directors. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out of these contacts by notifying us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Informationsection below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helpi, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the PII you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, for some third-party advertisers you can opt-out by logging into our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Offers.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Helpi to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, for some third parties’ products or services you can opt-out by logging into our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
DONOR PRIVACY INFORMATION
If you (as a user) agree to disclose your name, full name or nick name together with your donation amount, Helpi will disclose and attach this information to the specific project you have donated. In case, that you don’t agree to disclose this information on our website www.helpi.org, you may easily opt-out anytime and make a donation anonymously.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can change, or delete your personal information displayed on our Website (such as your address or telephone number) by sending us a simple request correct, or delete any PII that you have provided to us at [email protected]. We use this procedure to better safeguard your personal information.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Moreover, to protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify identity before making corrections to or deleting your personal information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features/register on our Website, make any donations or purchases through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California state law permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Helpi complies with the Privacy Act of 1975.
INTERNATIONAL USER NOTICE
Therefore, international users, please note that it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally and, in particular, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and PII by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other PII we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personally identifiable information you provide to us is stored on password-protected databases on our secure servers behind firewalls and we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that the transmission of sensitive data for payments and contributions is encrypted and appropriately safeguarded. We train our stuff on the importance of information security and focus specifically on practices for protecting against unauthorized disclosure of personal data. We have a documented incident response plan for acting upon events that violate Helpi’s security or privacy policies, should they occur, and this plan is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords registered with our Website are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
ACCESS TO AND ABILITY TO CORRECT PII AND OPT-OUT RIGHT
Upon your request via [email protected], Helpi will provide you with a summary of any PII retained by Helpi that has been voluntarily provided by you to Helpi through online application forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue accessible through our Website. You may modify, correct, change or update your PII by contacting Helpi via e-mail at the e-mail address set forth above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, you may opt out of having your PII, which has been voluntarily provided to Helpi through online forms, registration forms, e-mail, or another online avenue, prospectively retained by Helpi or used by Helpi for secondary purposes, by contacting Helpi via e-mail at the address set forth above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser used to visit the Sites or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description hereunder (Cookies, Web beacons, etc.).
Effective date: April 10, 2018